Your privacy is important to us. This privacy statement explains the personal data M Live Post processes, how M Live Post processes it, and for what purposes.
M Live Post offers a wide range of products, including server products used to help operate enterprises worldwide, devices you use in your home, software that students use at school, and services developers use to create and host what’s next. References to M Live Post products in this statement include M Live Post services, websites, apps, software, servers, and devices.
Please read the product-specific details in this privacy statement, which provide additional relevant information. This statement applies to the interactions M Live Post has with you and the M Live Post products listed below, as well as other M Live Post products that display this statement.
Young people may prefer starting with the Privacy for young people page. That page highlights information that may be helpful for young people.
Personal data we collect
M Live Post collects data from you, through our interactions with you and through our products. You provide some of this data directly, and we get some of it by collecting data about your interactions, use, and experiences with our products. The data we collect depends on the context of your interactions with M Live Post and the choices you make, including your privacy settings and the products and features you use. We also obtain data about you from third parties.
If you represent an organisation, such as a business or school, that utilises Enterprise and Developer Products from M Live Post, please see the Enterprise and developer products section of this privacy statement to learn how we process your data. If you are an end user of a M Live Post product or a M Live Post account provided by your organisation, please see the Products provided by your organisation and the M Live Post account sections for more information.
You have choices when it comes to the technology you use and the data you share. When we ask you to provide personal data, you can decline. Many of our products require some personal data to provide you with a service. If you choose not to provide data required to provide you with a product or feature, you cannot use that product or feature. Likewise, where we need to collect personal data by law or to enter into or carry out a contract with you, and you do not provide the data, we will not be able to enter into the contract; or if this relates to an existing product you’re using, we may have to suspend or cancel it. We will notify you if this is the case at the time. Where providing the data is optional, and you choose not to share personal data, features like personalisation that use such data will not work for you.
How we use personal data
M Live Post uses the data we collect to provide you with rich, interactive experiences. In particular, we use data to:
- Provide our products, which includes updating, securing, and troubleshooting, as well as providing support. It also includes sharing data, when it is required to provide the service or carry out the transactions you request.
- Improve and develop our products.
- Personalise our products and make recommendations.
- Advertise and market to you, which includes sending promotional communications, targeting advertising, and presenting you with relevant offers.
We also use the data to operate our business, which includes analysing our performance, meeting our legal obligations, developing our workforce, and doing research.
In carrying out these purposes, we combine data we collect from different contexts (for example, from your use of two M Live Post products) or obtain from third parties to give you a more seamless, consistent, and personalised experience, to make informed business decisions, and for other legitimate purposes.
Our processing of personal data for these purposes includes both automated and manual (human) methods of processing. Our automated methods often are related to and supported by our manual methods. For example, our automated methods include artificial intelligence (AI), which we think of as a set of technologies that enable computers to perceive, learn, reason, and assist in decision-making to solve problems in ways that are similar to what people do. To build, train, and improve the accuracy of our automated methods of processing (including AI), we manually review some of the predictions and inferences produced by the automated methods against the underlying data from which the predictions and inferences were made. For example, we manually review short snippets of voice data that we have taken steps to de-identify to improve our speech recognition technologies. This manual review may be conducted by M Live Post employees or vendors who are working on M Live Post’s behalf.
Reasons we share personal data
We share your personal data with your consent or to complete any transaction or provide any product you have requested or authorised. We also share data with M Live Post-controlled affiliates and subsidiaries; with vendors working on our behalf; when required by law or to respond to legal process; to protect our customers; to protect lives; to maintain the security of our products; and to protect the rights and property of M Live Post and its customers.
How to access and control your personal data
You can also make choices about the collection and use of your data by M Live Post. You can control your personal data that M Live Post has obtained, and exercise your data protection rights, by contacting M Live Post or using various tools we provide. In some cases, your ability to access or control your personal data will be limited, as required or permitted by applicable law. How you can access or control your personal data will also depend on which products you use. For example, you can:
- Control the use of your data for interest-based advertising from M Live Post by visiting our opt-out page.
- Choose whether you wish to receive promotional emails, SMS messages, telephone calls, and postal email from M Live Post.
- Access and clear some of your data through the M Live Post privacy dashboard.
Not all personal data processed by M Live Post can be accessed or controlled via the tools above. If you want to access or control personal data processed by M Live Post that is not available via the tools above or directly through the M Live Post products you use, you can always contact M Live Post at the address in the How to contact us section or by using our web form.
We provide aggregate metrics about user requests to exercise their data protection rights via the M Live Post Privacy Report.
Cookies and similar technologies
We also use “web beacons” to help deliver cookies and gather usage and performance data. Our websites may include web beacons, cookies, or similar technologies from third-party service providers.
Products provided by your organisation—notice to end users
If you use a M Live Post product with an account provided by an organisation you are affiliated with, such as your work or school account, that organisation can:
- Control and administer your M Live Post product and product account, including controlling privacy-related settings of the product or product account.
- Access and process your data, including the interaction data, diagnostic data, and the contents of your communications and files associated with your M Live Post product and product accounts.
If you lose access to your work or school account (in event of change of employment, for example), you may lose access to products and the content associated with those products, including those you acquired on your own behalf, if you used your work or school account to sign in to such products.
Many M Live Post products are intended for use by organisations, such as schools and businesses. Please see the Enterprise and developer products section of this privacy statement. If your organisation provides you with access to M Live Post products, your use of the M Live Post products is subject to your organisation’s policies, if any. You should direct your privacy enquiries, including any requests to exercise your data protection rights, to your organisation’s administrator. When you use social features in M Live Post products, other users in your network may see some of your activity. To learn more about the social features and other functionality, please review documentation or help content specific to the M Live Post product. M Live Post is not responsible for the privacy or security practises of our customers, which may differ from those set forth in this privacy statement.
When you use a M Live Post product provided by your organisation, M Live Post’s processing of your personal data in connection with that product is governed by a contract between M Live Post and your organisation. M Live Post processes your personal data to provide the product to your organisation and you, and in some cases for M Live Post’s legitimate business operations related to providing the product as described in the Enterprise and developer products section. As mentioned above, if you have questions about M Live Post’s processing of your personal data in connection with providing products to your organisation, please contact your organisation. If you have questions about M Live Post’s legitimate business operations in connection with providing products to your organisation as provided in the standard M Live Post Online Services Terms (OST), please contact M Live Post as described in the How to contact us section. For more information on our legitimate business operations, please see the Enterprise and developer products section.
For M Live Post products provided by your K-12 school, including M Live Post 365 Education, M Live Post will:
- not collect or use student personal data beyond that needed for authorised educational or school purposes;
- not sell or rent student personal data;
- not use or share student personal data for advertising or similar commercial purposes, such as behavioural targeting of advertisements to students;
- not build a personal profile of a student, other than for supporting authorised educational or school purposes or as authorised by the parent, guardian, or student of appropriate age; and
- require that our vendors with whom student personal data is shared to deliver the educational service, if any, are obligated to implement these same commitments for student personal data.
M Live Post account
With a M Live Post account, you can sign in to M Live Post products, as well as those of select M Live Post partners. Personal data associated with your M Live Post account includes credentials, name and contact data, payment data, device and usage data, your contacts, information about your activities, and your interests and favourites. Signing in to your M Live Post account enables personalisation and consistent experiences across products and devices, permits you to use cloud data storage, allows you to make payments using payment instruments stored in your M Live Post account, and enables other features.
There are three types of M Live Post account:
- When you create your own M Live Post account tied to your personal email address, we refer to that account as a personal M Live Post account.
- When you or your organisation (such as an employer or your school) create your M Live Post account tied to your email address provided by that organisation, we refer to that account as a work or school account.
- When you or your service provider (such as a cable or internet service provider) create your M Live Post account tied to your email address with your service provider’s domain, we refer to that account as a third-party account.
If you sign into a service offered by a third party with your M Live Post account, you will share with that third party the account data required by that service.
Collection of data from children
When a M Live Post product collects age, and there is an age in your jurisdiction under which parental consent or authorisation is required to use the product, the product will either block users under that age or will ask them to provide consent or authorisation from a parent or guardian before they can use it. We will not knowingly ask children under that age to provide more data than is required to provide for the product.
Once parental consent or authorisation is granted, the child’s account is treated much like any other account. The child can access communication services, like Outlook and Skype, and can freely communicate and share data with other users of all ages. Learn more about parental consent and M Live Post child accounts.
Parents or guardians can change or revoke the consent choices previously made, and review, edit, or request the deletion of the personal data of the children for whom they provided consent or authorisation. As the organiser of a M Live Post family group, the parent or guardian can manage a child’s information and settings on their Family Safety page and view and delete a child’s data on their privacy dashboard.
Select Learn more below for more information about children and Xbox profiles.
Other important privacy information
Below you will find additional privacy information, such as how we secure your data, where we process your data, and how long we retain your data. You can find more information on M Live Post and our commitment to protecting your privacy at M Live Post Privacy.
Enterprise and developer products
Enterprise and Developer Products are M Live Post products and related software offered to and designed primarily for use by organisations and developers. They include:
- Cloud services, referred to as Online Services in the M Live Post Online Services Terms (OST), such as M Live Post 365 and Office 365, M Live Post Azure, M Live Post Dynamics365, and M Live Post Intune for which an organisation (our customer) contracts with M Live Post for the services (“Enterprise Online Services”).
- Other enterprise and developer tools and cloud-based services, such as Azure PlayFab Services (to learn more see Azure PlayFab Terms of Service).
- Server, developer, and hybrid cloud platform products, such as Windows Server, SQL Server, Visual Studio, System Centre, Azure Stack and open source software like Bot Framework solutions (“Enterprise and Developer Software”).
- Appliances and hardware used for storage infrastructure, such as StorSimple (“Enterprise Appliances”).
- Professional services referred to in the OST that are available with Enterprise Online Services, such as onboarding services, data migration services, data science services, or services to supplement existing features in the Enterprise Online Services.
In the event of a conflict between this M Live Post privacy statement and the terms of any agreement(s) between a customer and M Live Post for Enterprise and Developer Products, the terms of those agreement(s) will control.
You can also learn more about our Enterprise and Developer Products’ features and settings, including choices that impact your privacy or your end users’ privacy, in product documentation.
If any of the terms below are not defined in this Privacy Statement or the OST, they have the definitions below.
General. When a customer tries, purchases, uses, or subscribes to Enterprise and Developer Products, or obtains support for or professional services with such products, M Live Post receives data from you and collects and generates data to provide the service (including improving, securing, and updating the service), conduct our legitimate business operations, and communicate with the customer. For example:
- When a customer engages with a M Live Post sales representative, we collect the customer’s name and contact data, along with information about the customer’s organisation, to support that engagement.
- When a customer interacts with a M Live Post support professional, we collect device and usage data or error reports to diagnose and resolve problems.
- When a customer pays for products, we collect contact and payment data to process the payment.
- When M Live Post sends communications to a customer, we use data to personalise the content of the communication.
- When a customer engages with M Live Post for professional services, we collect the name and contact data of the customer’s designated point of contact and use information provided by the customer to perform the services that the customer has requested.
The Enterprise and Developer Products enable you to purchase, subscribe to, or use other products and online services from M Live Post or third parties with different privacy practises, and those other products and online services are governed by their respective privacy statements and policies.